Re: logfile rotation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: logfile rotation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Tom doesn't like returning the server's logfile using a pgsql function
> unless logfile rotation is implemented, so here it is.

I'll repeat what I said in response to your other posting:

This uses a shared memory area with no lock, which seems a bad design;
but the alternative of having a lock is even worse, since the postmaster
would also have to take the lock.  We agreed long ago that the
postmaster should never depend on the correctness of any shared memory
data structure; but this patch would make it do so.

I really don't think this is an acceptable solution.