Re: Alter column / array

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Alter column / array
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rolf_L=FCttecke?= <rolf.luettecke@michael-telecom.de> writes:
>> I can't find out why the following command give different results:

> ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN doesn't support adding a default.  (There is a
> test in the code that's supposed to kick out an error message telling
> you so, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Need to look at that.)

I've committed fixes for that problem in 7.2.

> Hmm ... I wonder why ADD COLUMN doesn't just call the SET DEFAULT
> routine to handle adding the default ...

On looking at the archives (see pgsql-hackers around 17-Jul-01),
I see that this wasn't done because it's not an SQL92-compliant
behavior.  Our current implementation of ADD COLUMN can't support
setting the new column's entries to anything except NULL, but the
spec says that if there's a DEFAULT then the column should initially
be filled with that value.

Сообщение: Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup
Сообщение: Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup