Re: Java client connection problem on FIPS enabled hosts (with password_encryption = scram-sha-256)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Java client connection problem on FIPS enabled hosts (with password_encryption = scram-sha-256)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 03:58:49PM +0000, McDermott, Becky wrote:
>> We have a requirement to run all of our applications on FIPS enabled hosts.

> Is FIPS enabled on the host holding the PostgreSQL instance?  I am
> afraid that you may run to run into problems in this case, in the
> shape of a crash in the backend.

I worried about that too in the earlier pgsql-general thread.  But the
Java exception trace looks like the error is being thrown client-side.
Also Becky says she can connect successfully with psql, which indicates
that the server-side stack is not subject to those problems you mentioned.