Re: Managing International Sites

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Managing International Sites
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi Justin,

> On Nov 29, 2017, at 2:13 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> On 2017-11-29 18:50, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> <snip>
>> My last point was for “If we do continue to link to the International
>> sites, we should have guidelines on what content they should contain”
>> similar to some other guidelines.  It seems like the PostgreSQL.fr
>> <http://postgresql.fr/> and some of the other actively maintained ones
>> could serve as a model for setting up those guidelines. Once those
>> guidelines are published, we can give the international sites a grace
>> period to follow the guidelines and also have a proper evaluation
>> process for bringing new sites into the fold.
>
> Hmmm, this kind of sounds like us wanting to be control freakish about
> stuff.
>
> It doesn't hurt for us to have basic sanity checks (eg is the site
> still online?, actively updated?, fairly accurate?).
>
> But be careful of the desire to impose strict *requirements* much past
> that.  Guidelines might be ok, but hard requirements (with no flexibility)
> might be more harmful/issue-causing than otherwise.

Should we go down this path, they would be similar to the community event / NPO guidelines, which are just that.  They
imposevery few requirements, more they are a set of recommendations to follow.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: Managing International Sites
Сообщение: Re: Managing International Sites