Re: Programmatically changing passwords

От David Leangen
Тема Re: Programmatically changing passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you. Reply below.

On Aug 10, 2006, at 13:54, Tom Lane wrote:

> David Leangen <postgres@leangen.net> writes:
>> I am trying to build an RPM package that will put my Postgres
>> installation into a known (usable) state, without requiring any
>> interaction.
>
>> To this effect, I need to do the following:
>
>> 1. set password for superuser
>
> Basically, you can't.  The entire concept of RPM is built around
> the assumption that there is no user interaction during an RPM
> install or update.

Yes, that is my point. After having installed the standard postgresql
package, I would then install my custom-postgres-config package. In
this package, I tinker with the default configuration so I can put
postgres into a known state programmatically, without any user
interaction.

The problem is that createuser doesn't allow for this: it prompts the
user for a password, which does not work in this situation, as you
pointed out.

Сообщение: Re: Programmatically changing passwords
Сообщение: Re: Programmatically changing passwords