Re: [pgsql-www] escapes in submitted docs comments

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] escapes in submitted docs comments
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 15 Feb 2017, at 12:52, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> On 02 Feb 2017, at 22:47, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The docs comments coming in through pgsql-docs look like this:
>>>
>>> select instr('010000101001001','1',-1) from dual
>>>
>>> Can the escaping be fixed?
>>
>> AFAIU with Django, to avoid the escaping the form content would have to be
>> marked safe which seems..  unsafe.  Given the nature of SQL and the comments we
>> get, perhaps the simple approach is to just replace the unicode quote since it
>> will be quite common?  Something along the lines of the (untested) diff below?
>
> There are plenty of other characters being escaped, though.  Can't we
> just do something like "parse this html piece as text" instead?
> ("unescape" I suppose).  We're only sending it in a text/plain email, so
> there's no worry of misinterpreted HTML.

Perhaps not, I guess I’m just scared about potentially “helpful” MUA’s who see
HTML and renders even if it’s in text/plain.  That being said, I don’t think
I’ve seen one in quite some time.

cheers ./daniel

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: