Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al
Дата
Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps we should have some form of escape hatch for pg_dump to request real
> physical order when dumping clustered tables.

Yeah, Rae Steining was complaining to me about that off-list a few weeks
ago.  The whole syncscan behavior risks breaking many apps that "always
worked before", even if they were disregarding the letter of the SQL spec.

Maybe a GUC variable to enable/disable syncscan?