Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem
Дата
Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:42:26PM -0700, Joshua Drake wrote:
>> What I am arguing is that the release cycle is at least a big part
>> of the problem. We are trying to get so many new features that bugs
>> are increasing and quality is decreasing.

> Now that is an interesting observation --- are we too focused on patches
> and features to realize when we need to seriously revisit an issue?

I think there's nobody, or at least very few people, who are getting
paid to find/fix bugs rather than write cool new features.  This is
problematic.  It doesn't help when key committers are overwhelmed by
trying to process other peoples' patches.  (And no, I'm not sure that
"appoint more committers" would improve matters.  What we've got is
too many barely-good-enough patches.  Tweaking the process to let those
into the tree faster will not result in better quality.)