Re: WAL does not recover gracefully from out-of-disk-space

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL does not recover gracefully from out-of-disk-space
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Vadim Mikheev" <vmikheev@sectorbase.com> writes:
> I see that seek+write was changed to write-s in XLogFileInit
> (that was induced by subj, right?), but what about problem
> itself?

> BTW, were performance tests run after seek+write --> write-s
> change?

That change was for safety, not for performance.  It might be a
performance win on systems that support fdatasync properly (because it
lets us use fdatasync), otherwise it's probably not a performance win.
But we need it regardless --- if you didn't want a fully-allocated WAL
file, why'd you bother with the original seek-and-write-1-byte code?