Re: Error:PG_DUMP relation pg_user does not exist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error:PG_DUMP relation pg_user does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Fred Pope <fred.pope@satcomresources.com> writes:
> I am running Postgresql 7.4.7. on RedHat ES-64 version 4 on a
> Dual-Opteron Dual Core system.

> I am having problems with the pg_dump command due to improper
> initialization of the Database cluster on RH ES 4.

Yeah, this is a known problem in some earlier releases of the RHEL4
postgres RPMs --- if you tried to run the initdb with SELinux
enforcement enabled, a lot of the init steps fail silently, and
you end up with no pg_user view, nor several other important things.

> <response>
> ERROR:  permission denied to create "pg_catalog.pg_user"
> DETAIL:  System catalog modifications are currently disallowed.
> </response>

> So my question now is how do I enable system catalog modifications.

Stand-alone backend with -O command-line option.

As soon as you are able to dump your data, I'd recommend redoing
initdb with SELinux off (or update to a newer RPM which works around
the problem, then initdb).