Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there anything stopping us going through the code and finding all
> ereports that can be fixed by a REINDEX, and issue a HINT with all of
> them saying that they should REINDEX the broken index?

How would you know which ones correspond to REINDEX-fixable conditions?

I generally dislike hints that tell people their first action should be
to destroy the evidence, anyway.  If they had an index problem, REINDEX
will guarantee there is no chance of learning anything about it.