Re: Unable to start Statistics Collector

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unable to start Statistics Collector
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Excerpts from Senthil Kumar G's message of mié jun 23 07:59:26 -0400 2010:
>> I executed follows. I am able to ping.
>> ping 127.0.0.1

> So can you ping localhost?

I'm betting the problem is kernel-level filter rules that let through
ping packets but not the stats collector traffic.  The reason that the
stats collector goes to such length to test the connection is that stuff
like this isn't uncommon :-(.  You need to look at your firewall packet
filtering settings and back off the restrictions on localhost UDP
traffic.