Re: Large Object => invalid input syntax for integer: ""

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Large Object => invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Дата
Список pgsql-general
grupos <grupos@carvalhaes.net> writes:
> I need to use large objects BUT I am having problemns... I instaled
> PostgreSQL 8.0.3 windows version with lo module.

> first, I created the table below:
> CREATE TABLE test
> (
>   description varchar(20),
>   picture lo
> )
> WITHOUT OIDS;

> After trying to make one insert without value for the lo I get the error
> below:

> INSERT INTO test VALUES (1);

> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""

This example works fine for me.  What's more, that error message doesn't
seem to have anything to do with LO columns --- it implies you were
trying to insert into an integer column.  (The error message could not
be triggered by insertion into a varchar column either, contrary to some
claims made elsewhere in this thread...)

Are you sure that you are inserting into the table you think you are?
I'm wondering about multiple tables named "test" in different schemas,
for instance ...