Re: table schema causes crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: table schema causes crash
Дата
Re: table schema causes crash  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
RULE and more than 10 rewrites.  (Vegard Munthe <vegard@copyleft.no>)
Список pgsql-general
<tom@minnesota.com> writes:
> authtest=# \d imap_passwd
>               Table "imap_passwd"
>   Column  |          Type          | Modifiers
> ----------+------------------------+-----------
>  username | character varying(128) | Primary key: imap_passwd_pkey

> *** NOTE: it only shows the first column and none of the other columns ***

What I find even more suspicious is that the "Primary key" footer shows
up in the table data area.  Looking at print_aligned_text, this seems to
suggest that cells[2] must be NULL --- you would get this kind of
mistake if the number of non-null cells[] entries is not a multiple of
the number of non-null headers[] entries.  But I surely do not see how
describeTableDetails would be setting that cell to null --- it does

            cells[i * cols + 2] = xmalloc(128 + 128);

and xmalloc() will exit() rather than return null.