Re: Query to help in debugging

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query to help in debugging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am wondering if we should make this query more widely used, perhaps by
> putting it in our docs about reporting bugs, or on our website.

I find the manual exclusion list to be poor style, and not at all
future-proof.  Maybe we could use

select name, setting, source from pg_settings
where source not in ('default', 'override');

This would print a few not-all-that-interesting settings made by initdb,
but not having to adjust the exclusion list for different versions is
easily worth that.  I think the source column is potentially useful when
we're casting this type of fishing net, too.