Re: Contrib PROGRAM problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Contrib PROGRAM problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> *sigh*. Don't post after midnight. Of course, this isn't relevant to a
> cross-compiling environment, where repeated invocations of make
> repeatedly build the executables.

> The question is whether we care enough about this case to fix it.

I think we certainly need the $(X) inside the command, so that the
correct files get built.  I'm not especially excited about whether a
repeat invocation of "make" will do useless work --- that would only
really matter to a PG developer, but who'd do development in a
cross-compilation environment, where testing would be highly
inconvenient?  So I'm prepared to sacrifice that aspect of it for
not cluttering the makefiles.

YMMV of course ...