Re: Relpages not being recovered?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Relpages not being recovered?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Adam Singer" <asinger@easyplanet.com> writes:
> After deleting unecessary tuples, reindexing, and vacuuming, pg_class gives=
>  the following:

Did you VACUUM FULL, or just VACUUM?

> Does anyone know what may be causing this and if there is a way to force th=
> e relpages column to be recalculated?

I can assure you that relpages is correct after a vacuum --- look at the
physical file for the table if you want to confirm it.

The answer you are probably really looking for is some combination of
more-frequent vacuums and increasing your FSM configuration parameters
so that free space in the table is recycled more effectively.  Try
searching the list archives for "free space map".