Re: Fix to not check included columns in ANALYZE on indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix to not check included columns in ANALYZE on indexes
Дата
Re: Fix to not check included columns in ANALYZE on indexes  (Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>)
Re: Fix to not check included columns in ANALYZE on indexes  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> I found that both key columns and included columns are checked when analyze
> is run on indexes. This is almost harmless because non-expression columns
> are not processed. However, this check is obviously unnecessary and we
> can fix this to not check included columns. If we decide to support expressions
> in included columns in future, this must be fixed eventually.

AFAICS, we'd just have to revert this patch later, so I don't see
much value in it.

Also, is it really true that we don't support included expression
columns now?  In what way would that not be a bug?