Re: PAM Authentication and Postgresql 7.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PAM Authentication and Postgresql 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christopher McNabb <cmcnabb@vt.edu> writes:
> I am trying to set up PAM authentication with postgres 7.3.1.

I'm not a PAM user, but your pg_hba entry seems correct according to the
docs:

> host    all         all         0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0           pam
> postgresql

assuming that that's really one line and your message was just
line-wrapped by your mailer.

> 2003-01-13 09:50:37 LOG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file
> at line 92, token "pam"
> 2003-01-13 09:50:37 FATAL:  Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see
> postmaster log for details

This is the behavior I would expect to see if PAM support were not
present in the postmaster.  Are you certain that your pg_config file
corresponds to the installed, running postmaster?

Another possibility is that the postmaster has cached a previous version
of pg_hba.conf in which the syntax was indeed incorrect.  If you've been
editing pg_hba.conf, did you SIGHUP the postmaster afterwards?  ("pg_ctl
reload" is the same as SIGHUP)