Re: Install new language - Prev: Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Install new language - Prev: Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Terence Chang" <TChang@nqueue.com> writes:
> 5. I start PostgreSQL with the comman "pg_ctl start -D /var/pgsql/data" I
> got the following message: It says the database was not shut down properly?
> What I did wrong? I shut down the database with this command "pg_ctl stop -D
> /var/pgsql/data -m immediate" when no connection exist.

"-m immediate" is the panic button; yes you will get that complaint
when you restart.  My advice: never use "-m immediate".  If you have a
situation where you think you need it (like you smell smoke coming
from the machine), you probably should be yanking the power cord out
of the wall instead.