Re: vacuum error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuum error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
brian <brian@misanthropia.com> writes:
> I have a small database with a few tables and a view. When I issue the
> vacuum command, I get:

> ERROR:  cannot read block 5 of pg_description_objoid_index: Input/output
> error

Ugh, sounds like a disk hardware problem :-(.  Better think about new
drives, or at least reformatting the one you have.

As a short-term workaround to be able to dump your DB, I'd suggest just
    DROP INDEX pg_description_objoid_index;
(you'll have to set the magic switch that allows modification of system
tables first).

You could try reindexing pg_description, but since this is a highly
noncritical index, it's probably easier just to get rid of it.