Re: how to add a new data partition

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: how to add a new data partition
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Phillip Smith <phillip.smith@weatherbeeta.com.au> writes:
> Perhaps a LVM group would be appropriate in this situation if you have
> the luxury of being able to implement that somehow...

Indeed, the existence of LVM and similar tools is exactly why we don't
deem it pressing to come up with Oracle-like tablespace management.
If you want a tablespace to span multiple physical volumes, use LVM.
The Postgres project tries to avoid re-inventing perfectly good wheels ...

Сообщение: Re: how to add a new data partition
Сообщение: Re: how to add a new data partition