Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm not sure why walsender of the standby continued running not knowing the primary has been once dead for such a
longtime.

Isn't this precisely the problem that made us revert the "graceful
disconnection" patch [1]?  Munro seems to have a theory about
why that broke things, but in any case it's not Haas' fault ;-)

            regards, tom lane

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKG%2BOeoETZQ%3DQw5Ub5h3tmwQhBmDA%3DnuNO3KG%3DzWfUypFAw%40mail.gmail.com