Re: Two noncritical bugs of pg_waldump

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Two noncritical bugs of pg_waldump
Дата
Re: Two noncritical bugs of pg_waldump  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:25:14 -0800, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 10:07:38AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > pg_waldump complains at the end in any case.  I noticed that the LSN
> > it shows in the finish message is incorrect.  (I faintly thought that
> > I posted about this but I didn't find it..)
>
> Is this thread [0] what you are remembering?
>
> [0] https://postgr.es/m/2B4510B2-3D70-4990-BFE3-0FE64041C08A%40amazon.com

Maybe exactly.  I rememberd the discussion.

So the issue there is neither EndRecPtr and ReadRecPtr always points
to the current read LSN. The first proposal from Nathen was to use
currRecPtr but it was a private member.  But after discussion, it
seems to me it is (at least now) exactly what we need here so if we
ofccially exposed the member the problem would be blown away.  Do you
want to conitnue that?

Otherwise, I think we need to add a comment there about the known
issue.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)
Сообщение: Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)