Re: Some one deleted pg_database entry how to fix it?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some one deleted pg_database entry how to fix it?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> psql dbname can still connect but when I go to the pg_database table the
> db is not there as a result I cannot do a pg_dump on it?

Hm, it doesn't make a lot of sense that fresh connections would still
succeed if the pg_database row is deleted, but ...

> I tried forcing an entry into pg_database but it won't allow me to set
> the oid ?

You don't have to; the DB OID doesn't appear anywhere within the
database (except possibly with the database comment, if you have one).

So:

* Determine the old DB OID, by elimination if necessary.

* Create a new database and determine its OID.

* Shut down postmaster.

* Blow away $PGDATA/base/NEWOID, and rename $PGDATA/base/OLDOID to be $PGDATA/base/NEWOID.

* Restart postmaster.

* Try to figure out what you did wrong, so you don't do it again...