Re: [HACKERS] Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl start without --wait

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl start without --wait
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm concerned some new users may not understand this behavior of pg_ctl, so
> I wanted to suggest that we add some additional messaging after "server
> starting" - something like:

> $ pg_ctl -D datadir -l logfile start
> server starting
> (to wait for confirmation that server actually started, try pg_ctl again
> with --wait)

That seems annoyingly verbose and nanny-ish.  Perhaps we could get the
point across like this:

$ pg_ctl -D datadir -l logfile start
requested server to start
$

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl startwithout --wait
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl start without --wait