TODO item pg_hba.conf

От Gevik Babakhani
Тема TODO item pg_hba.conf
Дата
Re: TODO item pg_hba.conf  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I read the discussion thread once again and unless I am absolutely
and totally on the wrong track this is what I understood from the
general plan to be. The current pg_hba.conf provides the famous
the host based mechanism to connect to a database.
In order to add the discussed functionality we want to hold
the CONNECT permission information inside a table in
the database (something like pg_connect).

The parser has to be changed in order to understand the new grant
and revoke and of course the appropriate backend commands have to
be developed to store/check/remove the new privilege.

The SQL command could be something like this:

REVOKE CONNECT ON DATABASE foo FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE foo TO user1, user2, user3;

There are some other important details but I will discuss them later.

Would it be correct to state that: only the authentication
is checked (username and password) when connecting to the
server and not the any kind of privilege to access a database.
Please see postmaster.c:2753 Which brings us to the real
work to be done as suggested by Tom
in postinit.c:143 ReverifyMyDatabase(const char *name).

Please advice.
Gevik.