Re: installing pgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: installing pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
stm23 <STM23@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
> hi, thanx for yr previous advice.  i have found that i do have openssl
> (0.9.7a) installed.  could any1 help advise me how to get my system to find
> these files (libcrypto.so.2 & libssl.so.2).

You're apparently using an RPM that was built against something later
than RHL 8.0.  (I only see libssl.so.1 on my RHL 8.0 system.)

The best answer is to download the source RPM (SRPM) and do an
"rpmbuild -ba" to build an RPM that's customized to your system.
You might be able to find a binary RPM that is built for RHL 8.0,
but I wouldn't count on it.