Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shigeru HANADA <hanada@metrosystems.co.jp> writes:
> How about removing them, ConnectServer and FreeFSConnection, from
> FdwRoutine and leaving the responsibility of resource management to
> each FDW?  Each FDW would have to use mechanism such as Virtual File
> and ResourceOwner to manage resources properly, though.

For the most part, we expect that ResourceOwners only do something
useful during error cleanup.  That is, you *should* have a
close-connection type of function that is expected to be called during
normal query shutdown.  The ResourceOwner hooks will operate to
compensate for the lack of this call in an error recovery case.
The reason for doing things that way is so that we can check for
unintentional resource leakage in the non-error code paths.