Re: Comment on Database and Admin Metadata

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Comment on Database and Admin Metadata
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Kuhn, Dylan K (4520500D)" <Dylan.Kuhn@navy.mil> writes:
> We are storing some metadata about a database in the database comment.  In =
> short my question is, is there a better place?

I'd suggest making a "control table" in each database that stores
whatever you need.  The database comment is only one field, but a
control table could be extended limitlessly.

> Bug #880 (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2003-01/msg00131.php) d=
> iscusses some of the problems with comments on databases.

AFAIK, no one has any plans to change the handling of comments.
Certainly it's not a very high-priority item.