Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Aleksander Alekseev <a.alekseev@postgrespro.ru> writes:
>>> === Apply Failed: 29 ===
>>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1235/ (Support arrays over domain types)

>> Can you clarify what went wrong for you on that one?  I went to rebase it,
>> but I end up with the identical patch except for a few line-numbering
>> variations.

> I think "git apply" refuses to apply a patch if it doesn't apply
> exactly.  So you could use "git apply -3" (which merges) or just plain
> old "patch" and the patch would work fine.

> If the criteria is that strict, I think we should relax it a bit to
> avoid punting patches for pointless reasons.  IOW I think we should at
> least try "git apply -3".

FWIW, I always initially apply patches with good ol' patch(1).  So for
me, whether that way works would be the most interesting thing.  Don't
know about other committers' workflows.

> Also, at this point this should surely be just an experiment.

+1 ... seems like there's enough noise here that changing patch status
based on the results might be premature.  Still, I applaud the effort.

One thing I'm a tad worried about is automatically running trojan-horsed
submissions.  I hope the CI bot is tightly sandboxed.