Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2017-09-12 11:30:33 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> One thing I'm a tad worried about is automatically running trojan-horsed
> submissions.  I hope the CI bot is tightly sandboxed.

Well, that's part of the nice thing here. The "really dangerous stuff"
is all running on a service that does so full-time, not on our
resources. Everyone can open git repos and open malicious PRs in them -
travis checks a *lot* of projects...   That's not to say your worries
are unfounded, just that they're not primarily ours. Although even the
patch file handling etc, seems worthy of a good bit of attention.

Greetings,

Andres Freund