Re: degenerate performance on one server of 3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: degenerate performance on one server of 3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Erik Aronesty <erik@q32.com> writes:
> I think, perhaps, autovac wasn't running on that machine.
> Is there any way to check to see if it's running?

> I have enabled all the options , and I know it's running on my other
> servers because I see

> LOG: autovacuum....  entries (a profusion of them)

> I suspect, perhaps, that it's just not showing up in the log since my
> 8.2 BSD box came with different settings by default.

8.2 has far crummier support for logging what autovacuum is doing than
8.3 does :-(.  The settings you show should mean that it's running, but
the only way to check specifically is to crank log_min_messages way up,
which will clutter your log with a lot of useless noise along with
autovacuum's messages.