Re: degenerate performance on one server of 3

От Erik Aronesty
Тема Re: degenerate performance on one server of 3
Дата
Re: degenerate performance on one server of 3  (Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I think, perhaps, autovac wasn't running on that machine.

Is there any way to check to see if it's running?

I have enabled all the options , and I know it's running on my other
servers because I see

LOG: autovacuum....  entries (a profusion of them)

I suspect, perhaps, that it's just not showing up in the log since my
8.2 BSD box came with different settings by default.

current settings:

autovacuum = on
stats_start_collector = on              # needed for block or row stats
stats_row_level = on
log_min_error_statement = error
log_min_messages = notice
log_destination = 'syslog'
client_min_messages = notice

....should be enought to get it going and for me to see it right?  not
sure which setting controls logging of autovac, nor am i sure of a way
to *ask* the server if autovac is running.