Re: 8.2.4 patches?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2.4 patches?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Hmm, do we include the cvs2cl-generated ChangeLog in the tarballs?

> No, we don't.  We used to but the file got too large.  Perhaps we should
> supply a URL that generates that information.

There are a couple of different queries that people would be interested
in:

* the full cvs2cl log between any two release points;
* the cvs2cl log from latest release to branch tip.

I do not think it's appropriate to stick this into the tarballs, as
there's an awful lot of noise in the logs (eg, docs tweaks, reverted
patches, trivial code cleanups); our practice of generating a condensed
release-notes page is a large public service in my eyes.  But +1 to
providing a web page from which the detailed answers could be generated
easily.

BTW, cvs2cl (at least the version I use) works fine against a remote
repository, so it's not like Ray couldn't have gotten the answer for
himself.  But a web page would be more user-friendly.