Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
 Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  ("J. Roeleveld", )
 Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Andres Freund, )
  Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Bryan Hinton, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
    Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Bryan Hinton, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Andres Freund, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
 Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
   Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
       Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
        Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
         Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Ron Mayer, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Craig Ringer, )

Andres Freund <> writes:
> On Friday 04 June 2010 14:17:35 Jon Schewe wrote:
>> XFS (logbufs=8): ~4 hours to finish
>> ext4: ~1 hour 50 minutes to finish
>> ext3: 15 minutes to finish
>> ext3 on LVM: 15 minutes to finish

> My guess is that some of the difference comes from barrier differences. ext4
> uses barriers by default, ext3 does not.

Or, to put it more clearly: the reason ext3 is fast is that it's unsafe.