Re: How can i be certain autovacuum is causing reuse if table still grows

От Ron
Тема Re: How can i be certain autovacuum is causing reuse if table still grows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> All lines even old ones might be updated by our application.

Ah.  Even so, there are benefits to maintaining "lots of smaller chunks" instead of One Giant Table: "pg_dump --jobs=X" will run faster, for example, when there are more small-to-mid-sized tables instead of A Few Giant Tables.  Ditto "reindexdb --jobs=X".

Given that even "old" records get updated, I'd look into some other key that you can "naturally" partition on.