Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I took a look at this tonight and am a bit mystified by the following bit:

> +                       /*
> +                        * PL doesn't calculate first row of function's body
> +                        * when first row is empty. So checks first row, and
> +                        * correct lineno when it is necessary.
> +                        */

> Is that true of any PL, or just some particular PL?

plpgsql has an old bit of logic that deliberately ignores an initial
newline in the function body:
   /*----------    * Hack: skip any initial newline, so that in the common coding layout    *        CREATE FUNCTION
...AS $$    *            code body    *        $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;    * we will think "line 1" is what the programmer
thinksof as line 1.    *----------    */   if (*cur_line_start == '\r')       cur_line_start++;   if (*cur_line_start
=='\n')       cur_line_start++;

None of the other standard PLs do that AFAIK.

> Is it documented in our documentation?

I don't think so.