Re: Encoding and i18n

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Encoding and i18n
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Since nl_langinfo(CODESET) is supposedly determined only by LC_CTYPE, you
>> could argue that strftime's results should be in that encoding regardless,

> It seems to me we aren't actually using strftime any more in any case.

Sorry, I was using strftime as a generic standin for "everything that
LC_TIME affects".  Trace the usage of backend/utils/adt/pg_locale.c
to see what's really at stake there.

The practical issues would likely be things like type money using a
currency symbol that's given in the wrong encoding.

And of course you did get the point that we already know a bogus
LC_MESSAGES setting leads directly to error-stack-overflow PANIC.