Re: [HACKERS] Why does logical replication launcher exit with exit code 1?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Why does logical replication launcher exit with exit code 1?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-08-02 16:52:01 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I actually don't think it's that unreasonable to get notified when
>> system-wide processes like the autovacuum launcher or the logical
>> replication launcher start or stop.  That's stuff somebody might want
>> to know.  It's not going to generate a lot of log volume, and it might
>> be useful, so why suppress it?

> I generally agree.  But in the shutdown case it's just useless and
> confusing - the launcher is stopping because the entire server is being
> stopped, and that's very much not clear from the message.

Yes.  The main complaint here is not about the existence of the message
but about the fact that it looks like it's reporting a failure.  I would
vote for removing it if it's not simple to fix that problem.

Even if we fix that, though, I think it is reasonable to downgrade it to
DEBUG1.  We did that already for other standard background processes such
as the autovac launcher, and it's not apparent to me why the logrep
launcher should be chattier.  Now, *unexpected* starts or stops should
certainly deserve a higher log rating ... but the general rule ought to be
that totally-expected behavior does not deserve a log entry by default.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Why does logical replication launcher exit with exitcode 1?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Why does logical replication launcher exit with exitcode 1?