Re: PITR archive_timeout Command

От Gnanam
Тема Re: PITR archive_timeout Command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Ian,

Ian Lea wrote:

> "We could stop the replay at any point and have a
> consistent snapshot of the database as it was at that time. Thus, this
> technique supports point-in-time recovery: it is possible to restore
> the database to its state at any time since your base backup was
> taken."

I got your point, again I've another simple question which I still don't
understand clearly.  Can I set my "archive_timeout" to 3600 seconds (1
hour), so that atleast I save my WAL archive storage space, because if it is
set to 1800 seconds (30 minutes), it is fast filling.  Setting it in this
way affect the PITR recovery process to consistent snapshot as the database
was at that time?  Will I be able to recover my database upto 10:15 am?