Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> It would also be good to make --enable-debug the default.

> The last time I did a build with both --enable-debug and --enable-cassert,
> I was seeing pgbench results that were significantly (around 40% I think)
> slower than without those two.

Yeah, cassert is expensive (mostly it's the CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY part,
which you can disable separately if you have a mind to).  --enable-debug
is supposed to be free when using gcc, though I've never tried to verify
that.  We can *not* make --enable-debug the default on non-gcc
compilers, though, and that makes me uncomfortable about turning it on
by default for gcc ... platform-specific defaults don't sound good.