Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> ... I just realized from looking at its
> config that you have it set to do so at most twice a week:

>                                 'dow' => [
>                                      1,
>                                      4
>                                      ]

I was still confused, seeing that today is Thursday, as to why
komodoensis didn't update its typedefs list in the run it just
finished.  Looking at the buildfarm script (in sub
check_optional_step), it seems the "dow" filter is implemented
like this:

    return
      if (exists $oconf->{dow}
        && grep { $_ eq $wday } @{ $oconf->{dow} });

I'm the world's worst Perl programmer, but isn't that backwards?
It seems like it will return undef if today matches any entry
of the dow list, making dow a blacklist of weekdays *not* to run
the step on.  That's not what I would have expected it to mean,
although build-farm.conf.sample is surely unclear on the point.