Re: Upgrading 9.6.9 to 10.4

От John Scalia
Тема Re: Upgrading 9.6.9 to 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, David

Sent from my iPad

> On Jun 26, 2018, at 6:47 PM, David Morton <david.morton@eroad.com> wrote:
>
> Take a look at pglogical ... we've used it for 9.4 -> 9.6 and the same theories apply going to 10.x I imagine. People
haveused it in combination with pgbouncer to achieve near outage-less upgrades. Some helpful links below:
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/pglogical-logical-replication-postgresql-10/
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/near-zero-downtime-automated-upgrades-postgresql-clusters-cloud/
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/near-zero-downtime-automated-upgrades-postgresql-clusters-cloud-part-ii/
>

> On 27/06/18, 10:38 AM, "John Scalia" <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>    Hi all,
>
>    My employer is in the process of upgrading PostgreSQL, and they would like me to make this happen without any real
interruptionof service. As I understand it, 9.6 does not support the publish/subscribe model like 10.4 does, but
logicalreplication is the basis of that model. So, does anyone have any suggestions for how to implement the receiver
sideon a 10.4 server? Or could you at least point me to some sort of how-to page?