Re: Links for upgraders

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Links for upgraders
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> I think it would be even better to link directly to the migration notes,
> not to the top-level section of the release notes.  I suggest to add a
> link target like

>   <sect2 id="release-9-2-4-migration">
>    <title>Migration to Version 9.2.4</title>

> and then link to that.

I experimented with this and didn't really find that it improved the
browsing experience any compared to what Vik did.  It might be noticeably
better if we had any significant amount of text above the "migration"
section, but we never do.

I'd prefer *not* to add yet another place where the version number
has to be manually adjusted each time one makes a new release-notes
section.  (This is a task we've failed at a few times in the past ;-),
so I'm not just hypothecating.)  So I'm -1 for this unless there's
really, really strong contrary opinion.