Re: 7.4 features list

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:
> I plan to clear some time very soon to work on moving jdbc to the
> version 3 protocol.  What is the status of the version 3 protocol
> changes, are you done?

I have implemented everything I wanted to do at the protocol level
except for fixing the handling of binary values, which is something
I hope to get done in the next few days.  It's not too soon to start
working on JDBC's support, if you have free time now.  There are lots
of loose ends (for instance, *every* backend error currently returns
the same "XX000" SQLSTATE code) but I do not think there are any
showstoppers for frontend development.

> And yes an extra couple of weeks would ensure that I get more of the
> version 3 protocol functionality into the jdbc driver.

Check.  The wind seems to be blowing towards a July 1 beta date.