Re: Problems with authentication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Frans Haarman <frans@haarman.com> writes:
> I tried:
> local all password
> but then it asks for a password when booting the server, and I would
> like to have this done automaticly.

You could tell the pg_ctl script not to try to check whether the
postmaster started; then it won't need to connect and so won't need
a password.  I forget the switch for this, but it's in the docs.

But in general, password auth is a pain in the neck for all admin
duties.  I agree with Bruno Wolff's suggestion to look at alternative
auth methods.  "ident" on local connections is secure, if your operating
system supports it.