Re: Section 4.1.2.3 repeats information presented in section 4.1.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Section 4.1.2.3 repeats information presented in section 4.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-syntax-lexical.html

> it just threw me off to read the exact same thing twice in quick succession,
> I'd suggest linking to section 4.1.2.3 in section 4.1.1 instead.

They are *not* the same.  The quoting is different and the
meaning is quite different, just as "slon" and 'slon' are
not equivalent in SQL.  Moreover, there's little reason to
assume that somebody coming to 4.1.2.3 necessarily just
read 4.1.1.

Perhaps it'd be better to use different example strings though?