Re: pg_standby for 8.2 (with last restart point)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_standby for 8.2 (with last restart point)
Дата
Re: pg_standby for 8.2 (with last restart point)  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> ... That was a small change in a utility that should never be run on a
> production system.  You're trying to get a change made to the code path
> people rely on for their *backups*.  Good luck with that.

While I quite agree with Greg's comments about not changing stable
release branches unnecessarily, it seems that there's another
consideration in this case.  If we don't back-patch %r then users
will have to rely on hacky scripts like the one posted upthread.
Is that really a net gain in reliability?

(I'm honestly not sure of the answer; I'm just thinking it might
be open to debate.  In particular I don't remember how complicated
the patch to add %r was.)

Сообщение: Re: pg_standby for 8.2 (with last restart point)
Сообщение: Re: pg_standby for 8.2 (with last restart point)