Re: pgsql/ ontrib/pg_dumplo/lo_export.c ontrib/pg_ ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql/ ontrib/pg_dumplo/lo_export.c ontrib/pg_ ...
Дата
Re: pgsql/ ontrib/pg_dumplo/lo_export.c ontrib/pg_ ...  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian@hub.org> writes:
>     Remove dashes in comments that don't need them, rewrap with pgindent.

Y'know, the one thing about pgindent that I really hate is its
assumption that it should override human judgment about block-comment
formatting.  Without exception, pgindentified text blocks are inferior
to the originals, and I don't think you should be helping it along
in this nefarious deed.  A random example of stupid line breaking
substituted for what had been an intelligently formatted comment:

***************
*** 247,257 ****
            break;
        }

!       /* ----------------
!        *       ok, the compare clause failed so we test if the keys
!        *       are equal... if key1 != key2, we return false.
!        *       otherwise key1 = key2 so we move on to the next pair of keys.
!        * ----------------
         */
        const_value = ExecEvalExpr((Node *) lfirst(eqclause),
                                   econtext,
--- 240,249 ----
            break;
        }

!        * ok, the compare clause failed so we test if the keys are
!        * equal... if key1 != key2, we return false. otherwise key1 =
!        * key2 so we move on to the next pair of keys.
         */
        const_value = ExecEvalExpr((Node *) lfirst(eqclause),
                                   econtext,
***